EQ and communications

Now I'm sitting at the passenger seat of a 4WD. Listening to my parents' pre-vacation arguments (which almost always happened), I came to a conclusion.

1. People who do not change for betterment do not usually move on with life. By saying so, it simply means they continue to suffer from anger and many more emotional disturbances from within. At the same time, these people also inflict psychological pain to the surrounding people.

I believe in karma. Some people think that believing so is an excuse for people who cannot change things around them. Because we can't take active steps to avoid conflicts, we are forced to take it as something that has a low chance of changing. In other words, we want to comfort our hurt souls that it's not our fault that things do not work the way we want.

2. I am most likely not getting married if I do not meet a person who is capable of maintaining meaningful, two-way conversations. Communication is the basis of everything. I believe that things will only have the chance to turn out the intended way if there is a constant meaningful  communication. This is a true art, in fact, an art which requires high skills, constant training and a certain level of emotional quotient in order to maintain high quality of life. Here we are talking about quality of life ba maintaining commendable and long lasting emotional connections.

Hence, I shall ensure that I continuously learn to keep up with my communication skills while bringing my emotional quotient to a higher level.

I, thank you.

Comments

  1. the capability of maintaining two ways communication is subjected to individual perception.

    This is the new lesson where argument is a way of communication. Maybe you would want to define an argument, or a better words for a couple- aggressive discussion.

    take a case of a twenty-year-married couple. Honestly, an aggressive discussion is very much needed as a sense of romantic, a bit of fun. I would want an argument and added sparks with my spouse, rather than many ways of communication.

    As long as we hugs when we sleep, we cover ourselves in a blanket and i know my spouse well that we were just have the fun to argue.

    Living at this age (eg. 60), I would be very happy to argue with my lover. As I know the flow so much that i can predict whats the next that going to happen and we just have our day past with another memory. Thanks to argue with me, otherwise, my life is gonna be bored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to give an account to the above comment. I wouldn't disagree that arguments, or rather heated discussions are different forms of communication. In many people, arguments can be an important means of communication. However, I believe this only applies to lively arguments, i.e. those that carry a meaning/progress which leads to an outcome. Often stalemated arguments only inflict negative emotions amongst people. They are not anywhere close to romantic or fun as they do not bring about any outcome. They occur because of immature behaviour of mankind. This humble understanding of mine leads to why I'd say how important a person's EQ is to maintain meaningful communications.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jan 2023

27.06.2023